Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

What does it matter?


My husband and I share many things in common and there are things that make us twitch about each other.  He is an optimist, I’m mostly a realist; he is outgoing, I’m generally reserved (until comfortable); he is so confident, and I find myself in need of constant validation. 


I am a person that must wear glasses in an effort to function through life on a daily basis.  My husband believes that he only needs glasses for driving at night (of course I disagree).  As a result, he leaves his glasses around the house and asks rather frequently, “Honey, have you seen my glasses?” Well, I spotted these glasses after a shower the other day and made a mental note of where they were in anticipation that he would enlist my help to find them.  As his wife I know that there are extended times where I won’t be able to find those glasses, not because I’ve lost my own, but because they won’t be there.  Extended absences are either a welcomed relief, or a time where strength is a requirement for getting through everyday life.  On this day I found his glasses I realized how precious our time is together and that no matter if he needs my help to find his glasses everyday, that’s what I’m there for.  What does it matter that I take a few moments of my time to find his glasses?  Why be present if you cannot lend a hand to help? 

I am comfortable assuming the role of helper now.  I know that I possess inherent glue that helps keep my home, husband, daughter, and both jobs together which may not be the easiest task, but it is well worth the effort.  And whenever my realist tendencies poke through, I remind myself that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13), otherwise, none of it would work, and none of it would matter.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to find you here. Excited to read more. Love you guys!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you too V!! Praying for you all and thanking God for His faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete