Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Harness the Inspiration


As a mom, I am always doing my best raising my daughter and constantly asking my mother questions.  As a wife, it is my ultimate goal to ensure that my family’s needs are met (to the best of my ability).  As a photographer, it is my goal to stay focused on my craft and cultivate my own creativity.  I enjoy reading magazines, forums, and ebooks that provide information about the trends of the photography industry.  They also provide great instruction, inspiration, and insight into running a successful photography business.  However, juggling my aforementioned responsibilities often leave me with much less inspiration that I desire.  The art of photography requires the ability to make the world around us worth remembering.  It is nice to take routine tasks, such as playtime, and make it worth remembering.  Even though I don’t always have external sources for great artistic ideas, I love seizing the simple inspirations that are often disregarded.  Something as simple as capturing how a child plays with a toy demonstrates the child’s personality in several ways.  So while I grapple with my responsibilities, I am learning to find inspiration in much simpler places.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to seize the moments to perfect your talents. JB

    ReplyDelete