Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

How Low Can You Go?

I believe one of the most interesting aspects of photography is capturing objects that allow you to see them in different ways.  Showing common (even mundane) objects from different angles provides for a better appreciation.  Because I spend most of my time on the floor during playtime, I have begun to photograph items down low and up close.  On an outing at the park I was able to do just that.  Instead of exploring the beauty of trees and bodies of water the impetus to exhibit reality from the perspective of a little one (whether child or animal) overtook me.  I recalled my childhood and how simple objects comparable to pine cones and tree roots were much larger than they are now.  Getting lower in this fashion connects me to my daughter and seeing things from her perspective.  It reminds me of simpler times and changes ordinary phases into absolutely extraordinary experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment